UPDATES HAVE BEEN ADDED SEPTEMBER 11…
Disney sustained heavy wind and rain and reports of fallen trees have been reported. Curfew is still in effect at all Disney Resorts until further notice, while staff and public officials assess the damage caused by Irma. As of right now, no injuries have been reported and although Disney still plans on reopening its parks on September 12th, that may change that if they find it is not safe for guests.
It’s not often that we talk about Disney World having closures and cancellations, but due to the unknown destruction that Hurricane Irma will bring, Disney is forced to make some decisions to to protect their guests and cast members.
As of September 8th, 2017
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park will be closed Friday, September 8 through Monday September 11th
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closing Saturday September 9 at 5PM through Monday September 11th
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort will be closed beginning Saturday, September 9 at 2:00 PM. There is no decision on when they will open back up.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports – Closed Saturday September 9 through Monday September 11
- Animal Kingdom – Closing early on Saturday September 9 at 7 PM through Monday September 11 – River of Lights is cancelled for Saturday September 9
- Hollywood Studios – Closing early on Saturday September 9 at 7 PM through Monday September 11 – Fantasmic! and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular performances are cancelled for Saturday September 9
- Epcot – Closing early on Saturday September 9 at 9 PM through Monday September 11 – Illuminations Reflections of Earth performance is cancelled for Saturday September 9
- Magic Kingdom – Closing early on Saturday September 9 at 9 PM through Monday September 11 – Happily ever after fireworks is cancelled for Saturday September 9
- Disney Springs – Closing early on Saturday September 9 at 9 PM through Monday September 11
- Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba 9:00 P.M. Show cancelled on Saturday, September 9.
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will close Saturday, September 9 at 10:00 AM
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort closed as of Friday, September 8 at 2:00 PM
Special events scheduled for this weekend
Night of Joy at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex has been cancelled on Saturday, September 9, 2017. The performances on Friday, September 8 will go on as
- Guests with tickets for Saturday are welcome to attend Friday’s event instead by
exchanging their tickets at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Box Office after 4 PM
- Requests for a full refund for either event night will be honored.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled on Sunday, September 10, 2017. The event will take place as planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests are invited to exchange their Sunday, September 10 event tickets for one of the following options
- Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the
next 2 years
- Receive a full refund for event tickets
Effective immediately, Disney is enforcing dine reservation cancellation policies so no need to cancel dining reservations through Monday, September 11th. Pre-paid dining and premium experiences will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
If you have any questions regarding cancellations, please don’t hesitate to ask. You may email us at anytime at ExploreWithCatherine@gmail.com.
If you have tickets to one of these cancelled events, you may also call Disney directly at (407) 939-7818. Please keep in mind that the lines are extremely busy right now, so you may not get through right away. They can also be reached by emailing Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. You have until January 31, 2018 to redeem the offers for the special events. Their hours of operation are between the hours of 7 AM and 11 PM EST. Please make sure you have your tickets available so Disney can process your request as quickly as possible.
Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
As of September 8th, 2017
Disney World is no longer accepting Dining Reservations for September 10 – 11, 2017. If you have a Dining Reservation, you DO NOT need to call to cancel (usually there is a fee for no shows and last minute cancellations). There will be no fees for anyone during this time!
Disney Cruise Line
The September 9 sailing of the Disney Fantasy is cancelled. Refunds will automatically be
processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking.
The September 8 and September 11 sailings of the Disney Dream are cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking.
If either of these cancellations affected your travel at this time, Disney is allowing agents, such as myself, to offer you a 25% discount for your future Disney Cruise. We can offer this discount between September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.
Future Bahamian and Eastern Caribbean Sailings
At this time, there are no changes to other sailings on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. However, Disney is closely monitoring Hurricane Irma and its impact on the ports of call in the Caribbean and Bahamas. Updates regarding any necessary itinerary changes will be made beginning September 12.
We will update you if/when more cancellations and/or closures are made.
PLEASE STAY SAFE!