I’m sorry for being a little MIA the last couple days. We’ve been having some annoying plumbing issues going on over here. What seemed like an easy fix has turned into something much more complex. Yuck
So, since I’ve had my share of adulting the past couple days, I decided to lighten the mood around here and make some Grey Stuff!
Although you can find the recipe almost anywhere online (we used the one by Lil’ Luna), we’ve surprisingly never made it before. So, this is a first attempt for us. And it was just the thing we needed to put a smile back on our faces.
So let me present…the Grey Stuff!
- Oreos (about 10-15)
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Package (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 TBSP Chocolate pudding
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
- Sugar Pearls
Putting it all together:
1. Combine the pudding mix and milk in a medium size bowl. Once mixed, refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2. While you’re waiting for the pudding mixture to set, crush up your Oreos into crumbs. I used my Ninja to make the job easier.
3. Combine the pudding mixture and Oreo crumbs together and mix well.
4. Add the Cool Whip to your mixture and place your bowl back into the Fridge for at least one hour.
5. Right before you serve your dish, place the Sugar Pearls on top of your Grey Stuff. I didn’t have any piping bags, so I just took a Sandwich bag and snipped off the bottom corner. Even without a tip, the mixture is thick enough to get a little bit of a swirl.
6. Serve your deliciousness.
For a first attempt, I don’t think it went too badly. It’s a little browner than I remember it being, but I’m going to attribute that to either having too many Oreos or the fact that all I could find at the store was sugar-free chocolate pudding. There must have been a lot of bad days around here! I didn’t think it would be too big of a deal, but without all the added sugar, there’s definitely a lot less instant pudding in the box. I probably should have adjusted the amount of chocolate pudding I put in the mix. Oh well…we live and we learn…
In the end, all that matters is that the boys loved it. My youngest even told me that my version tasted even better than the one he had at Be Our Guest. Disney, take note and add more chocolate! 😁
**This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links. This comes at NO COST to you, but by purchasing anything through these links, we may receive a small commission. These commissions help fund Disney Solution, so thank you!**