Disney has BIG plans in the works to add more immersive elements to Epcot that will leave Guests amazed.
Walt Disney World will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary in 2021, in which they promise the projects will be finished in time for.
Disney will have a lot to accomplish in this short period of time.
Epcot To Get New Entrance, Pavilion, Shows, And Attractions
First-of-its-Kind Play Pavilion
This currently unnamed, first-of-its-kind Pavilion will be taking over the old Wonders of Life Pavilion.
The new space will act as a “city,” filled with interactive experiences, Disney characters, hands-on activities, and entertainment.
Walt Disney’s vision for Epcot, or Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, was to create a real futuristic city in which people could live. While Guests will not be able to change their zip code to live in this Utopian Society, I believe that this new exhibit will pay homage to the original version of the Park.
No other details have been released yet.
Brand New Entrance
Paying homage to the original park entrance, the Main Entrance will be replaced with new pathways, green spaces, and a newly reimagined fountain.
During this transformation, the Leave a Legacy Photos will be removed.
Leave A Legacy Photos
The Leave A Legacy Photos will be removed from the main entrance area and brought to their new location just outside the Park’s gateway.
Guests are oftentimes blinded by the beauty of Spaceship Earth, that they overlook these remarkable pieces of history.
Hopefully by giving them a place of their own, they can get the attention they deserve.
The Experience Center
Located in the former Odyssey Pavilion, interactive exhibits will be displayed to help Guests visualize the changes that are coming to Epcot.
These newly released projects are in addition to the projects that Disney has already released as a part of Epcot’s Historical Transformation.
Other additions and changes that Disney has already announced are:
- Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster in Future World, currently under construction – no opening date yet
- Epcot Forever – Limited-time nighttime experience, replacing Illuminations – Debuting Fall 2019
- All-new nighttime spectacular, replacing Epcot Forever and Illuminations – debuting in 2020
- Space-themed table-service restaurant next to Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion – currently in construction faze – no opening date yet
- Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show in the Canada Pavilion
- Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
- “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France.
Ready to plan your Disney Vacation? Let us help you!