Love Disney and wine? Gather your friends and enjoy an intimate and adventurous getaway.
Explore flavors on your culinary adventure and interact with a collection of wines made by winemakers and wineries that have a special connection to Disney.
Family Of Wines Weekend At Disney’s Contemporary Resort
30+ wines will be presented throughout the weekend in workshops and culinary experiences.
Wines to look for: Riesling, Grenache Blanc, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Viognier, Rosé, Pinot Gris, Chenin Blanc, Cuvée, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese, Sparkling Wine, and Zinfandel. Subject to change without notice.
Family of Wines Workshops and Activities
4 Interactive Workshops Hosted By Winery Representatives And Culinary Experts
- Chardonnay’s Expression throughout California – This seminar will be an exploration and education on several Chardonnay’s from our Family of Wines.
- You will identify flavor profiles and taste wines from three distinct regions of California (Santa Barbara County, Sonoma County, Carneros).
- Presenters will describe the wine making experience and how that process affects the flavor of the wine.
- Discover OUR Family of Pinot Noirs – A tasting and discussion on the Pinot Noir varietal that is well represented in the Disney Family of Wines.
- One of the greatest and most challenging wines to grow, you will hear from the wineries why Pinot grapes are so special.
- Once again, these wines will come from three different regions of California (Santa Barbara County, Napa Valley, Marin County) showcasing three distinct growing conditions and flavor profiles.
- Disney Family of Wines Storytelling – Each of the Disney Family of Wines comes with a special connection to Disney.
- Join representatives from these wineries as they share their stories, recipes, and history of wine making alongside their Disney experiences.
- Wine Wonders and American Artisanal Cheese – A unique approach to cheese making and wine appreciation.
- Participants will hear about the history and art of cheese making while tasting highly acclaimed boutique cheeses produced in the same regions as the wines paired with them.
- You will hear how ingredients from the same land creates a connection that is recognizable in the flavors.
Interact And Learn From The Following Representatives From Each Winery
- Chappellet Vineyard – Jay James, Master Sommelier and Director of Sales
- Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard – Tim Snider, President of Fess Parker Winery and Vineyard
- Frank Family Vineyards – Elizabeth Parenteau, Southeast Sales Manager
- Kurt Russell’s GoGi Wines – Jami Russell Way, COO of GoGi wines
- MacMurray Estate Vineyards – Kate MacMurray, Spokesperson and daughter of winery founder Fred MacMurray
- Silverado Vineyards – Jon Emmerich, Winemaker of Silverado Vineyards
- Skywalker Vineyards – Tom Johnson, General Manager- Skywalker Ranch and Vineyards
Intimate Welcome and Farewell Receptions, Two Luncheon Experiences, And Gala Dinner.
- Welcome Reception – Hosted by representatives from each of our Disney Family of Wines.
- This reception will feature high-end food tastings and considered wine pairings.
- It’s a chance for guests to share time with other enthusiasts and kick-off the weekend’s activities.
- Culinary Adventure – A hands-on, interactive cooking experience that takes place in the unique Contemporary Catering Kitchen.
- Participants hand roll sushi, create pasta; “break down” a beef tenderloin; hand craft fromage blanc and learn the secrets of the professional pastry chef.
- This 5 course event is paired with the Disney Family of Wines.
- Seed to Table Luncheon – Enjoy a luncheon experience with a focus on the journey of seed to table.
- Enjoy recipes with connections to the regions from which these wineries hail and ingredients grown here at Walt Disney World exclusively for this weekend experience.
- Gala Dinner & Fireworks – This special evening will include a one-of-a-kind six course menu designed for this gathering.
- Once again hosted by our culinary and wine “celebrities” our guests will enjoy these featured wines artfully paired with each course with details about the production of these wines from vine to table.
- The event includes a pre-reception and concludes with a dessert reception and private fireworks viewing.
- Farewell Reception – A final opportunity to celebrate the experiences of the weekend, speak to chefs, sommeliers, & winery principals, and enjoy a few final tastings.
Family Of Wines Weekend Package
- Dates: May 17 – 19, 2019 – Book By: Friday, May 3, 2019
- Main Tower – Lake View at Disney’s Contemporary Resort for 2 nights, May 17 and May 18, 2019.
- Package is available to Guests age 21 and older with valid proof of age.
- Theme park admission is not required to attend events and is not included in this package.
- This package is non-refundable for cancellations made 29 days or less prior to arrival or for no-shows
- Cannot be combined with any other discount of promotion.
The number of packages available for this offer is limited. Contact for additional details and pricing