Unfortunately, Hurricane Dorian is making its way towards Florida.
For the safety of its Guests and Cast Members, Walt Disney World has modified the hours of operations and closures for Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
Hours of Operation
- Magic Kingdom: 8:00 AM-3:00 PM (opening at 7:00 AM for Extra Magic Hours)
- Epcot: 7:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9:00 AM-2:00 PM (opening at 6:00 AM for Extra Magic Hours)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8:00 AM-2:00 PM (opening at 7:00 AM for Extra Magic Hours)
- Disney Springs: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf: 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM
Special Events affected by Hurricane Dorian
The September 3, 2019 Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been canceled. Guests with pre-purchased event tickets for this date are able to exchange their tickets for one of the following options:
- Tickets to attend another Disney After Hours event in 2019.
- Tickets to a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party event in 2019.
- 1-Day Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper Option
- can be used any day before December 31, 2020.
- Receive a full refund for event tickets.
To redeem these options, you should call (407) 939-7818 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM by December 15, 2019.
You may also email Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com. Please have your tickets available to process the request as quickly as possible.
Disney Resort Updates and Closures
Disney Resort hotels will remain open.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will close at 3 PM on September 3, 2019. There is no set time yet as to when it will reopen.
Guests with current and upcoming reservations at the following Resorts have been contacted and relocated to other Resorts.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Guests with dining reservations are able to honor that reservation up to one hour before the Parks close on September 3, 2019.
However, resort dining reservations will be honored until 5:30 pm. Quick Service restaurants should be open as long as it is safe to do so.
Effective immediately, Disney will not be enforcing cancellation policies for dining and other experiences.
Pre-paid dining and other experiences on September 3, 2019 will be automatically canceled and refunded.
Questions about Hurricane Dorian
I will be continuing to monitor closures and cancellations, so I am leaving the line of communication open for any questions you may have.
You may also be able to find your answer on Walt Disney World’s website.